Embellish It

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Spotlight on Guest Designer: Latisha Yoast!

We are so pleased to have Latisha Yoast with us in July as a Guest Designer! I asked her a few questions and we're featuring on of her beautiful cards today as inspiration!


1. Describe your style in 5 words or less.

~Clean, Organized, Fresh, Simple elegance

2. What is your favorite embellishment?!

~easy ribbon

3. Where do you find inspiration?!

~I know my style and only buy things that I love, so finding inspiration from fashion, magazines or pictures makes it easy to put that into a card or lay out. For instance the Early Bird line from Cosmo Cricket has me going bonkers, its such a fun paper line and I have ideas just swarming around, I love when a product can do that.

4. Do you start with your design elements and see where you end up...or do you sketch your work out first?!

~I will look at my stuff and kind of have a game plan before I start, I waste less paper that way. I will find an image to color in, have some ideas of my color scheme then work from there. Or I will match my coloring to a paper I want to use.

5. What is your favorite technique?!

~I really enjoy coloring with Copic markers, is that a techinique lol. I love tying bows (not knots) it has taken a long time to learn to tie one.

6. What is your greatest dream?!

~My biggest dream....Well, I have an auto-immune disease called Crohn's Disease (there is no cure). So my biggest dream is to live a long and happy life, where I get to see my children grow up, graduate college, get married and enjoy my grand children, that would be perfection and make my life complete.


My biggest dream as a designer, is to continually get better, maybe one day have my own store or line of stamps, that would be pretty cool!


Items from the store:

~Stampavie First Kiss

~Copic Markers

~American Crafts, Backyard Collection; Splash

~May Arts Silk Ribbon

~American Crafts, Backyard Collection; Baa

~American Crafts, Backyard Collection; Slurp

Be sure to check out Latisha's gallery and blog for more inspiration!

~michelle~

No comments:

Post a Comment