Embellish It

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Spotlight on It-Girl: Kim Gruetzmacher

Today we're meeting It-Girl Kim!

1. Describe your style in FIVE words or less....

Girly, frilly, lots of layers, lots of dimension, and tons of color (bright)!

2. What is your favorite embellishment?!

I can’t name just one….my cards are 10 lb. cards by the time I am done with them!….I LOVE flowers, ribbon, lace, charms, and a girl’s gotta have bling!

3. Do you start with your design elements and see where you end up, or do you sketch your work out first?!

I love sketch challenge blogs, that is where I get a lot of my card layouts from. When I try to create without a sketch I sit and stare at my blank paper for hours because I don’t know what I want to do. I love having a plan, and then I can attack! I like to pick out my design paper before I color my image so that I can find Copics that match the paper color. I do not glue down anything until I have my card all laid out and am satisfied with the overall design.

4. Where do you find inspiration?!

Blogland! I think I spend more time reading blogs than I do creating. I love having a blog, especially because of all the amazing friends that I have made in the past year and a half. People in our hobby are so friendly and helpful it’s so heartwarming! Magazines give me lots of good ideas too.


5. On my iPod....

Lots of 80s music….from the pop songs to the big hair hits! I am a product of the 80s and still love the music! A tie with the 80s would be current country music! However, my taste of music is pretty eclectic. Thank goodness for Sirius Radio….I can listen to whatever I am in the mood for that day!

6. When I grow up I want to be.....

a Mom…but this girl has to finish school first! If I could choose any job ….I would have to say that I would love to work for a big-time craft supply manufacturer where I got to play with awesome products all day long….but being realistic, I will stick to my Accounting degree and goal to become a CPA in 2 years!





These beautiful samples of Kim's work feature the following poducts from our store:

May Arts Ric Rac

BasicGrey Lemonade Collection

May Arts Satin Ribbon

Copics

Spica – Clear

Memento Tuxedo Black

Imaginisce – Pink Flamingo Wild Flowers


To see more of Kim's beautiful work, check out her Embellish-Online Gallery and her blog! ~michelle~

3 comments:

  1. Kim----It is so FUN being your mom :o) I can sure tell how excited you are in creating cards and crafts--it shows in your UNBELIEVEABLE CREATIONS!!!!!!
    Keep it Up.
    Blessings of Love,
    Mary Lou (Mom to You):-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, Kim! I love your little autobiography! You hair is fantastic girl! And, you have such a cute mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kim, it's been so great being on the team with you. You are an amazing artist and very fab with your paper crafting skills. Great interview and I love your picture! Hope you have a wonderful day!
    xoxo, Christine

    ReplyDelete