Embellish It

Monday, June 22, 2009

Spotlight on Design Team Member: Julie Okada!

Today the Embellish-Online.com blog spotlight is on Julie! I asked her a few questions and we're featuring one of her fun layouts today for inspiration!

1. Describe your style in 5 words or less

Clean and simple!

2. How many projects, on average, do you complete in a week?

Usually 2. However, I was on a roll the other night and actually got 4 different pages done.

3. What is your favorite embellishment?!

I'd have to say American Crafts Thickers for sure but buttons are a close second!

4. Where do you find inspiration?!

I love looking at other peoples blogs and seeing what they are creating. I also use sketches (not my own) to scrap with although most of the time when I get done tweaking my page looks nothing like how I started.

5. Do you start with your design elements and see where you end up....or do you sketch your work out first?!

I pick the photos, find some paper to match and go to work.

6. What fictional character would you like to be for a while?!

A Mermaid!



Julie used these items that can be found in the store:
~American Crafts, Craft Fair Collection; Pearl Bobbinhauser

~American Crafts, Craft Fair Collection; Elanore Battington

~American Crafts, Craft Fair Collection; Faye NeedleWorth

~American Crafts, Thickers

~American Crafts, Embellishments

To see more of Julie's gorgeous creations, check out her Gallery and her Blog!~michelle~

No comments:

Post a Comment