Embellish It

Monday, October 19, 2009

Spotlight on Guest Designer: Tracy Schultz

Welcoming Tracy to the spotlight (hubby too!)

1. How long have you been a papercrafter and how did you begin?!

Just about two years. I wanted to make handmade Christmas cards for the 2007 holidays and dove in head-first! I remember buying a bucket of foam holiday stamps and a pack of cardstock and thinking I was all set. Boy, did I have a lot to learn!

2. Describe your style in 5 words:

clean, simple, elegant, classic, and a bit nostalgic

3. What is your favorite technique?!

Faux-stitching! I can't seem to stop- it's been showing up on each of my projects these days. And it looks surprisingly realistic.

4. Who inspires you?!

I don't know if I could pick just one person. I have a LOOOONG list of inspiring blogs that I try to visit daily. Not to mention, I love drawing inspiration from nature and home decor.

5. What does your work tell us about you?!

I'm a clean and simple kind of person. A bit nostalgic, I guess. I always seem to be yearning for days gone by and I think that shows through in my style.

6. What fictional character would you like to be for a while?!

Hermoine Granger. So smart and witty with a great bunch of friends. And living in a world filled with magic can't hurt either.

Here is a project Tracy made using Pink Paislee's Collection and American Crafts Ribbon:


Be sure to check out more of Tracy's work in our gallery and her blog.

~michelle~

1 comment:

  1. Love Tracy's work and now I feel like I got to know a side I didn't even know...You are fun, girlie!!! And this card is AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete